+ Reply to Thread

Thread: JPG - Poster Image

JPG - Poster Image

Is there a way to produce 1 JPG frame from a video that I'm encoding, so I can use that frame as a poster-image for the web?

If so, how?

1 -- I've tried using the HTML5 present, but I'm unable to keep the filename as "<original filename>.jpg" -- if you can show me how to do that, then I'll stick with the HTML5 preset.

2 -- I've tried using the Quicktime Image Sequence, but I just need 1 image, not a ton.

I would much appreciate this help. Perhaps I'm just looking into the wrong area. Thanks.

You can do this with a video still marker. Squeeze will export a .jpg file at the point of this marker (one per source file)

Choose the "Video Still" marker from the marker drop down (under the Preview window https://support.sorensonmedia.com/customer/portal/articles/1402368) Click the "M" key on the keyboard to set your marker at the play head position.

I encode multiple numbers of video, using a WATCH FOLDER, so that they're all encoded and published automatically without human interaction.

Can this be done automatically without looking at the video? For example, "Capture the frame on x-second and save that as JPG"

Thanks for your help.

+ Reply to Thread